Let’s catch up…
As promised, I wanted to give you a little low-down on how my month has gone – I know in the past these have been quite popular, so I thought I’d bring them back! Just to toot my own horn here, don’t you love this little photo? I love that the moon made an appearance at 2.30 in the afternoon, so cute!
- February marked mine and Adam’s 4 year anniversary, woohoo! We got Bon Iver tickets before Christmas, as a way of celebrating (I’ll chat about that later), but we also decided that chicken and cocktails were so needed and popped off to Turtle Bay for a few drinks (I do enjoy a fancy colourful drink, guys).
- The month of February also marked the re-start of my blog and Youtube channel (little plug – if you aren’t subbed, then gogogo!), and I have to say I’m really, really enjoying it. I don’t feel as much pressure, being able to do it on own time and pace is exactly what I needed. I think I put so much pressure on myself to keep up last year, and now, particularly with Instagram, I feel like I’ve shifted the importance of things over to what actually needs to be prioritised. Funnily enough, I get the majority of my traffic from my Instagram now which is great, and has shown me that I made the right choices with the platform.
- I also realised that I’d stopped taking as many photos, particularly with Isla, which made me feel a bit rubbish. So I decided to change that, and look! Isn’t she just the best? My whoooole world right there – I’ll try and post a bit more, and I’ve got a little more up my sleeve so I’m very excited to show you soon!
- Somehow, I got invited to an overnight stay with Benefit Cosmetics to celebrate the launch of their new BADgal Bang mascara and it was AWESOME. I haven’t really been to an event since Isla was born (I KNOW.), so it was a little daunting, but everyone was so lovely, and I finally got to meet Georgia and Corrie, both of whom I’ve known for years and I can confirm, they are bloody lovely. We went to the National Space Station, got to have a peruse of all things space related, learnt more about the ins and outs of the mascara, and had a lovely dinner before heading back to the hotel (which had awesome pillows, just fyi).
LOOK AT MY CUTE LIGHT UP ROCKET BAG.
- I popped down to the big smoke to spend the weekend with my two best friends, Megan and Maz – a lot of catch ups were had, several glasses of wine were drunk and exploring the city. We went to the Sky Garden too, which was awesome! I’ll definitely like to go back in the summer, but the weather, albeit being bitterly cold, behaved itself and we managed to get some super cute snaps.
- Adam and I popped back down to London to see Bon Iver this weekend (OK technically not February but it was to celebrate our anniversary so…?), and it was AMAZING. We had so much fun, and I have to say, we were both blown away by it all. The minute the music started, the whole crowd went silent, and it continued like that throughout the gig, AND, and this is something that Adam and I both noticed – there were hardly any phones out filming it? That’s not something I’ve seen in a very long time, and it was really nice. If you haven’t listened to Bon Iver, I highly recommend if you’re into that sort of indie folk vibes.
Aside from these, I had a new starter on my team at work and she’s already allowed me to streamline our work a bit better. Y’know when you get to the point where you have so much to do, you don’t get a lot done? That happened, so I’m very grateful to have someone who is happy to just crack on.
The snow has also been a bit of a ballache hasn’t it? I’m so over this weather – We really want to do more with Isla and with the cold weather, we spend such a huge amount of time indoors and I’d just like to get out a bit more now! C’mon snow, melt!
So there we go! That’s my month for you – if you’d like to see more of something, please do let me know. If you haven’t already, be sure to catch up on my posts: